BBL FOREVER YOUNG TREATMENT
Ahava Medispa is the leading Livingston medispa offering BBL treatments.
What if there were a treatment that could slow down the aging clock and keep you forever young? Scientific evidence demonstrates regular maintenance treatments using Forever Young BBL functionally rejuvenates skin and delays skin aging. BBL Forever Young® extends the versatility of the JOULE platform with one-of-a-kind flash lamp technology, interchangeable Smart Filters, Finesse Adapters, and precision thermoelectric cooling.
BBL in Livingston, New Jersey uses advanced dual-lamp technology with each lamp supplying half of the energy needed during treatment. This results in unsurpassed lamp lifetimes.
Its broad range of wavelengths allow targeted treatment for many skin conditions without the need for additional handpieces. Its flexible Finesse Adapters enable treatment of hard to reach areas, producing evenly treated skin.
With its user-friendly features, superior results, and exceptional ROI, BBL is the most complete and versatile broadband light system in its class.
Ground Breaking Study from the University of Stanford
Rejuvenation of Gene Expression Pattern of Aged Human Skin by Broadband Light Treatment
First study to demonstrate BBL treatments can restore gene expression pattern of aged human skin to resemble young skin. Over 1,000 gene expressions became “rejuvenated” to be more like youthful skin resulting in decreased elastosis and more uniform collagen deposition; leading to improvements in fine wrinkles and pigmentation.
Led by dermatologist Dr. Anne Lynn S. Chang of the Stanford University School of Medicine, the study (“Rejuvenation of Gene Expression Pattern of Aged Human Skin by BroadBand Light Treatment”) reveals the molecular changes that are induced by BBL, a popular treatment made by Sciton for improving the appearance of acne, sun spots, freckles and vascular conditions. BBL treatments are requested by patients for promoting a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance. Previous studies have shown that animal models can exhibit gene expression changes to become more youthful. Dr. Chang’s study is the first to show a similar correlation in human skin treated with BBL.
“As an industry, to find a clinically sound solution for human anti-aging is critical,” said Dr. Macrene Alexiades-Armenakas, board certified dermatologist, attending physician at Lenox Hill Hospital and Yale/New Haven VA Hospital, and Assistant Clinical Professor at Yale University School of Medicine. “As a practicing physician in the field of dermatology, it is exciting to know there is a safe, light based treatment with groundbreaking clinical evidence supporting anti-aging and the reversal of skin damage available to our patients.”
An additional study, submitted for publication by Dr. Patrick H. Bitter, Jr. of Advanced Aesthetic Dermatology, a well-known dermatologist and co-author of the JID study, takes this groundbreaking research further and explores the practical application and patient results of BBL treatments. Dr. Bitter’s study focuses on the ability to improve the appearance of aging skin with long-term and regular interval treatments with BBL.
BBL is shown to halt the visible signs of aging
Retrospective Evaluation of the Long-term Antiaging Effects of Broadband Light Therapy
The first long-term, visual and clinical evaluation of BBL treatments. Blinded panel of physician evaluators determined BBL treated patients appeared 9 years younger than their actual age.
BroadBand Light (BBL), which utilizes visible and infrared light (400–1400 nm) delivered for phototherapy, is a nonablative treatment designed to rejuvenate the skin on the face, chest, neck, forearms, legs, and hands. The objective of this retrospective study was to evaluate if participants who underwent regular treatment with BBL over a period of 5 to 11 years looked noticeably younger than their actual age. Fifteen participants aged 38 to 69 years (median, 46.0 years; interquartile range, 19.7 years) with Fitzpatrick skin types I to IV received at least 1 full-face treatment per year with a BBL device (BBL, Sciton, Inc) during the study period. Blinded evaluators (N=491) analyzed clinical photographs taken before the first treatment and after the last treatment to estimate pretreatment and posttreatment ages of participants over 5 to 11 years. Before treatment, the median estimated age of participants was slightly lower than the median actual age, but the difference was not significant. The median estimated age at the end of the study period, which varied from 5 to 11 years depending on the participant, was significantly lower than the corresponding median actual age (P=.0084). Although treated skin actually aged a median of 9 years, participants appeared to have aged a median of -2 years. Results from our study indicate that patients who maintain a regular annual or biannual regimen of BBL treatments over 5 to 11 years can reduce and delay the long-term signs of skin aging such as photodamage, telangiectases, fine lines and wrinkles, and skin laxity in a natural-looking way.
Pre & Post-Operative BBL™ Instructions
Instructions Prior to BBL™ Therapy:
1. ABSOLUTELY avoid any type of sun exposure for 4 weeks prior to laser treatments. Treatment of tanned skin increases the risk of blistering and/or permanent skin discoloration.
2. Do not use any self-tanning lotions in the month prior to treatment.
3. Stop using Retin-A, Renova, or Differin 1 week prior to treatment.
4. Inform us if you have any history of “herpes”, “cold sores”, or “fever blisters”. In such instances, we recommend taking Valtrex 500mg twice a day for 5 days starting on the day before the laser treatment. Like sunlight, laser light may cause a cold sore or fever blister, leading to more serious complications.
Instructions Following BBL™ Therapy:
1. Burning, redness, warmth, and a sunburned sensation are normal responses following BBL™ treatments. The discomfort and redness generally last for only 2-4 hours after the procedure. Cool compresses with a damp, soft cloth for 10-20 minutes at a time may help relieve the temporary discomfort. Ibuprofen, Advil, Alleve, or Tylenol can be taken as directed for pain.
2. Brown patches or spots will look darker and more pronounced immediately following BBL™ treatments. In 2-3 days, these brown areas become even darker. Within 1-2 weeks, these dark, scaly areas fall off and leave new, healthy skin behind.
NO MATTER HOW TEMPTING, DO NOT PICK OR SCRUB THESE BROWN SPOTS—LET THEM COME OFF ON THEIR OWN!
3. Twice daily use of a mild moisturizer such as Elta MD or CeraVe, etc. is recommended during the first week to keep the skin moist.
4. Avoid using topical skin care products containing Retin-A, retinol, glycolic acid, or salicylic acid for 1 week.
5. Makeup can be used if there is no blistering. Caution should be used when applying and removing makeup. The treated area may be delicate and should be treated with care.
6. If the skin is broken or blisters appear, notify our office. The area should be kept lubricated with Elta Laser Balm or Aquaphor to prevent crusting or scabbing of tissue.
7. Some patients will wake up with facial swelling, particularly around the eyes for several days following the treatment. This is normal and usually resolves within 3-5 days.
8. PROLONGED SUN EXPOSURE IS TO BE AVOIDED FOR 4 WEEKS BEFORE AND AFTER TREATMENT. A total sunblock containing zinc oxide or titanium dioxide should be applied daily if you are in the sun. We have excellent products available. If additional treatments are needed, a commitment to stay out of the sun is necessary. Sun exposure may lead to complications such as severe blistering and permanent skin discoloration.
9. Remember, for patients with a history of cold sores, you MUST take an anti-viral medication such as Valtrex or Famvir for 7 days, starting on the day prior to your treatment.
10. It is essential to call us immediately if you experience any dramatic changes.
11. We would like for you to send us daily pictures of the treated areas to keep up with your progress. Please send the pictures to us at email@example.com
Livingston BBL Forever Young
Ahava Medispa offers BBL Forever Young treatments in Livingston, NJ. Contact us today to learn more about BBL treatments in Livingston, NJ.